Best Online Blackjack
Welcome to the blackjack ♠ section at Casino Ivan!
There may not be a casino card game that is more exciting and easier to understand than blackjack. Since its appearance in casinos in the 20th century, blackjack has increased in popularity and has become the favorite casino game in the world.
But before betting on the tables and being a big winner, you must fully understand the rules of blackjack. Read our most useful tips below.
Casino Ivan is the best website to practice online blackjack, while you learn and master the game of blackjack.
Learn to play blackjack online, practice your skills with our free online blackjack game or compare the latest real money blackjack bonuses from reputable online casinos.
At Casino Ivan, you will learn how to earn more and increase your funds by playing a slightly more intelligent online casino blackjack.
Without bankroll? No problem. We will show you how to grow your blackjack funds virtually without risk by playing small betting games and free tournaments.
If you are already a great player, we will show you how to better apply your ability to absorb the variance to take advantage of online casinos (and leave much later).
You can win blackjack if you combine the 3 important elements:
- Recognize and locate the best promotions
- Identify the best tables
- Play with the perfect strategy.
And if you want to try card counting to get the maximum advantage, we also have resources for that. Learn to combine these elements to give yourself an advantage over the house, and it will move away in the course of your blackjack career. But first, you must learn to practice blackjack online.
Best Blackjack Online Casinos
100% up to €500 with free spins
Alf Casino is an exciting new casino that opened its doors in the spring of 2018 and will undoubtedly be a hit in the online casino market. Alf Casino offers a very wide and varied range of online casino games, which come from a large number of slots developers, of which several are among the best in the market.
100% up to $1000 with free spins
PokerStars is one of the most famous and respected online poker sites in the world, offering a wide variety of online poker games, as well as tournaments with huge prizes. However, slots enthusiasts will be happy to know that PokerStars is also equipped with a decent collection of video slots with a selection of game studios.
100% up to 200$ instant Welcome Bonus!
888 Casino is one of the oldest online casinos in the world with the largest number of players. 888 Casino has won numerous awards for the best online gambling website. Due to its own software, developed by a team of talented experts. Their welcome bonuses are another aspect to highlight in an online casino that offers a unique experience.
100% up to $3000
Established in 2011, Bovada Casino is an instant-play, online casino which is owned and operated by Morris Mohawk Gaming Group Casinos. Bovada Casino is home to more than just online casino games, because one login will allow players access to a wider catalogue of products – from live dealer games to sports betting.
How to play – General blackjack rules
In each round of blackjack, the players sitting at the table begin placing a bet in their respective betting positions, also known as “squares”. Each table clearly establishes the minimum and maximum bet that each player can bet. The sizes of bets can be chosen by clicking on the icon of the chip that represents the correct value of a desired bet. After placing all bets, players will receive two cards face up in front of their squares, and the bank will receive a card (European style) or two cards with one up and one down (Atlantic City style), depending on the variant that is playing.
The goal of any blackjack hand is to defeat the bank. For this, you must have a hand that scores higher than the hand of the bank, but does not exceed 21 points in total value. Or, you can win with a score lower than 22 when the hand of the bank exceeds 21 points. When the total value of your hand is 22 or more, this is commonly referred to as “bankruptcy,” and you will automatically lose any money wagered.
When indicated, you can request letters for your hand, to increase the total value. When you have finished adding letters to your hand, the bank will complete your hand. These are strict rules of how to do it, which vary according to the variant of blackjack you are playing. Make sure you understand the rules of each variant, since it is a fundamental aspect of how blackjack is played and allows you to make important strategic decisions in each hand.
The best hand in blackjack is known as “blackjack” and is paid more than any other combination (up to 3 to 2 of your bet, depending on the variant you are playing) and is composed of an ace and any card with a value of ten, including any jack, queen, king or ten. Blackjack must be divided in the first two cards to be valid and is invincible. However, it can be tied if the bank also has blackjack.
In blackjack, the tens, the jacks, the queens and the kings have a value of 10 each. Aces can have two different values: one or eleven (you can choose which one). For example, when you combine an ace and a four, the hand can be 5 or 15. Each time an ace is valued as 11, the top total is always referred to as a “soft” total, so in the example, the 15 It would be a “soft 15”. Players can request an extra letter, or “ask for a letter”, or fold a soft hand without risk to go bankrupt. However, a soft hand is no guarantee of improvement after requesting a letter.
The winning hands in blackjack generally award prizes in a 1:1 ratio (1:1, also known as “1 to 1 cashing”). Therefore, if you bet $ / € 20 and win your hand, you will normally receive $ / € 20 in winnings in addition to your original bet. Receive a blackjack while playing a variant that pays 3:2 and you will get $ / € 30 in winnings in addition to your original bet, if the bank does not receive blackjack as well.
When your hand ties with the bench, it is known as a “tie.” In this case, your bet will be returned, but you will not earn extra money. If you lose a hand, you will lose your bet with the house. The exceptions to these general rules are explained below. You can also check them on the rules page of each variant of the game.
Normally, you will be granted a payment after the bank has completed your hand. It is important to read the rules of each variant to check any difference in particular, since the rules by which banking is governed are quite strict and will usually vary. The most common difference in the rules between the variants is whether the bank has to take cards against a soft 17 or not. In some variants, the bank must be planted with a soft 17, while in other variants, the bank must request a letter. In all blackjack games, the dealer must get either a hard or soft hand with a total of 16 or less.
How to divide, fold and surrender
Your actions in blackjack are not limited to asking for cards or staying with what was initially distributed to you. In certain circumstances, you will be presented with several additional options. These options depend on the two initial cards that were dealt to you. These options include:
In essence, splitting turns one hand into two, which gives you more chances to win. Each time you split a hand, you can place an additional bet on the newly created second hand, of equal value to the original bet. The action of dividing can be done in the following situations:
- 1. You are dealt two initial cards of equal value (ten-king, six-six, etc.). Both hands will be played independently and will win, lose or draw with the bank on their own merit.
- 2. In some variants of blackjack, you can split cards of equal value more than once.
There are also restrictions when dividing with aces. When you split with two aces, almost all variants of blackjack demand that only one more card be dealt to each of the new hands, thus limiting your chances of requesting a card, dividing or folding to improve your hand.
The option to double allows you to double your initial bet, but only in some circumstances:
- Once the first two cards are dealt, you can place an additional bet (equal to the original bet) and then receive only one extra card to complete your hand.
In certain variants of the game, doubling is allowed after dividing. However, other elements must be taken into account:
- After dividing a hand in two (or more) hands, you may have the option to fold, adding another bet to the table.
- If you choose to double after dividing, then the same rules apply as when you doubled normally.
In some blackjack games, giving up allows you to give up your hand and take 50% of your original bet if you think you will lose against the bank, as long as it is allowed in the variant you are playing.
You must make a series of decisions during each round of blackjack. The decisions that are presented to you will depend on the cards you receive and the variant in which you are playing. These are the options that you will traditionally have in blackjack:
You can request extra cards to improve your hand. The cards can be ordered one by one until the total value of the hand is 21 or higher.
To be planted
When the total value of your hand is 21 or less, you can choose to stand and not risk the chances of your hand exceeding 21 in total value.
In certain variants, when your first two cards have the same value (eight-eight, jack-ten, etc.), you can place additional bets (equal to the initial bet) and create a second hand with which to play against the bank.
You can place an extra bet, equal to the initial bet, in exchange for just one more card for your hand, after which you will automatically plant.
In certain variants of the game, you can abandon half of a bet and finalize the hand immediately.
In certain variants of the game, when the first card of the bank is an ace, you can bet half of your original bet and receive a payment of 2 to 1 if the bank has blackjack. If the bank does not have blackjack, they will tie the hand.
Charge 1 to 1
If you have received blackjack and the bank shows an ace, charging 1 to 1 is a special type of insurance that is performed. If you decide to charge 1 to 1, the payment will be 1 to 1 regardless of whether the bank has blackjack or not. If you do not accept to charge 1 to 1, the hand will be played normally.
Protection of the user interface
When playing online blackjack it is essential that you can carry out the decisions you choose during the hand. There are a number of factors that can influence your game, from problems with the Internet connection to errors at the time of clicking.
Despite not being able to foresee each one of the incidences presented to you, in the majority of online blackjack software some of the protections are integrated to help the players to not make decisions accidentally or unconsciously that are considered out of bounds of the normal game.
Variety of online blackjack
The rules of blackjack can be understood in minutes. However, depending on the variant that is being played, the rules of the table and the betting options may differ.
There are a variety of types of blackjack games available to players, and each of the following types of games are available at the multiplayer and single-player tables.
Traditional Blackjack rules
Here are the classic Blackjack rules.
The object of blackjack is to beat the dealer that means to accumulate a higher point total than the dealer, but without going over 21. Blackjack pays 3 to 2.
- Blackjack may be played with one to eight decks of 52-card decks
- You compute your score by adding the values of your individual cards
- The cards 2 through 10 have their face value, J, Q, and K are worth 10 points each, and the Ace is worth either 1 or 11 points (player’s choice)
- Blackjack» is the highest hand, consisting of an ace and any 10-point card, and it outranks all other 21-point hands
- After the player has bet, the player and the dealer receive two cards each
- If the dealer goes over 21 points, then the player will win
- If the dealer does not bust, then the higher point total between the player and dealer will win
The following are the choices available to the player:
- Stand: Player stands pat with his cards.
- Hit: Player draws another card (and more if he wishes). If this card causes the player’s total points to exceed 21 (known as «breaking» or «busting») then he loses.
- Double: Player doubles his bet and gets one more card (and only one).
- Split: If the player has a pair, or any two 10-point cards, then he may double his bet and separate his cards into two individual hands. The dealer will automatically give each card a second card. Then,the player may hit, stand, or double normally. However, when splitting aces, each ace gets only one card. If the player gets a ten and ace after splitting, then it counts as 21 points, not a blackjack.
- Surrender: The player forfeits half his wager, keeping the other half, and does not play out his hand. To diversify the gameplay and to make it more exciting casinos offer side bets. Namings may vary from casino to casino, however, here are the most common side bets:
- «Perfect Pairs»: player initial hand is a pair
- «Lucky Lucky»: player hand and dealer’s up card sum to 19, 20, or 21
- «Jackpot»: the bet plays when the player and the dealer get 2+ aces among 4 iniatially dealt cards. The jackpot is paid for four aces of the same color
- «Triple Bets»: player is allowed to triple his bets after double
- «HiLo13»: additional bets on events if initial hand totals lower, higher or equals 13
- «Lucky Ladies»: player initial hand totals 20
- «Match the Dealer»: one or both of the players cards is the same as the dealers card
- «Same Suit»: player initial cards are of the same suit.
Blackjack Double Exposure
Double exposure is a blackjack variation in which both dealer cards are exposed. Surely there are some rules that compensate for the dealer’s vulnerability, however, if played properly, the game may bring great income. So to sumarize, the rules are the same as classic blackjack except:
- Both dealer cards are exposed
- Dealer wins on all ties,except when the player has blackjack
- Player blackjack pays even money rather than 2:1 or 6:5 like in other blackjack variations
- Player may split only once
- Players do not have the opportunity to make Insurance bets in Double Exposure Blackjack, as there is no dealer hole card.
Blackjack Super Fun
Super Fun is another variation of Blackjack with basic rules remaining the same except of the following:
As late surrender is allowed in this blackjack variation you should use this option carefully and only take it when good strategy dictates.
- Player automatically wins if his hand has six cards or more with a total of 20
- Player can split a hand up to four times
- Player blackjack supersedes dealer blackjack
- Player may double down on any number of cards
- Player natural blackjack always wins
- All natural blackjacks pay 1:1
- Diamond blackjack will pay 2:1
- Player five or higher card hand equal twenty-one will pay 2:1
- A split ace and a ten-value card is not a blackjack
Spanish 21 is possibly the most popular blackjack variation ever created and definitely the most profitable for casino.
Spanish 21 shares a lot of similarities with traditional blackjack although there’s a couple of very significant
differences. The most weigthy is that Spanish 21 uses a typical 52-card deck – but without the four Tens that moves the odds in favor of the dealer significantly.
- Player 21 always wins
- Player blackjack beats dealer blackjack
- Player may double on any number of cards
- Players are allowed to double down after splitting
The hallmark of the Spanish 21 is the bonus payouts associated with specific hands:
- 5 card total of 21 pays 3:2
- 6 card total of 21 pays 2:1
- 7 card total of 21 pays 3:1
- 6-7-8 of a mixed suit pays 3:2
- 6-7-8 of same suit pays 2:1
- 6-7-8 all spades pays 3:1
- 7-7-7 mixed suit pays 3:2
- 7-7-7 same suit pays 2:1
- 7-7-7 all spades pays 3:1
Caribbean 21 Blackjack is a more complex variant of Classic Blackjack. The object of Caribbean 21 blackjack is still to get 21 points or as close as possible to 21, without going over 21. It looks a lot like the basic blackjack but there are some differences:
- Ace always has a value of 1 and not the option of 11
- A combination of an Ace and two 10-point cards is called a «Caribbean 21»
- «Caribbean 21» pays 3-2 of initial bet
- Double on any number of cards
- Allows hit after double
- Player can split any 2 cards
- Player may surrender at any time. If player surrenders he forfeits half his total bet
- Dealer wins all ties
- Insurance pays 9-1 if dealer has an Ace
Pontoon is the British version of Blackjack with the same cards values. British pontoon uses the terms «twist» (hit), «stick» (stand) and «buy» (double the bet) and a bit different set of rules.
- Dealer deals both cards face down in Pontoon, unlike in standard Blackjack whereby the first card is dealt face down and the second face up
- One player is chosen as the banker. As this gives a player a statistical advantage all players take a turn at being the banker
- Player hits on fourteen or less
- The ranking value of hands in pontoon is as follows:
- Pontoon: 21 points in two cards — this can only consist of an Ace plus a picture card or ten (pays 2-1)
- Five Card Trick: a hand of five cards totaling 21 or less (pays 2-1)
- A hand of three or four cards worth 21 points beats everything else except a Pontoon or Five Card Trick (pays 1-1)
- Hands with 20 or fewer points and fewer than five cards rank in order of their point value — the nearer to 21 the better (pays 1-1)
- Hands with more than 21 points are bust and are worthless
- If the banker and a player have equal valued hands, then the banker wins
- Dealer wins all ties
- Betting or doubling down after buying is allowed
- Insurance and side bets are not allowed
The main difference between Lucky Blackjack version and Classic Blackjack is that cards are dealt to dealer only and player bets on the final outcome, from 17 to a bust.
If player guessed the result Lucky Blackjack pays according to the following coefficients:
- A winning 17-point bet pays 5-1
- A winning 18-point bet pays 6-1
- A winning 19-point bet pays 6-1
- A winning 20-point bet pays 4-1
- A winning 21-point bet pays 12-1
- A winning blackjack bet pays 19-1
- A winning bust bet pays 2-1
Do not forget to enter this section more often if you want to have everything new of Blackjack and its variations. Also, play free blackjack at Casino Ivan and follow our news, so you stay up to date.